Saturday, July 27, 2019

Real World Negotiation 2 Assignment Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 500 words

Real World Negotiation 2 - Assignment Example The pair, Sofia and Echo, remained on silent terms for about a week until when Echo approached me and asked me to facilitate their reconciliation. Echo and I had a lengthy discussion and he expressed his desire to resolve his conflict with Sofia. So we arranged for a special dinner whereby I could meet both of them and try to resolve the conflict. I called Sofia and asked her to accompany me for dinner on that due date. I requested to surprise her by inviting a third person, Echo. To keep Sofia calm, I reminded her of how she had made out with a stranger at a party and never mentioned the same to Echo. I indirectly threatened to discuss the same with Echo and see if she was fair enough in her reaction. She eventually agreed to my proposal out of guilt. Thereafter, I rang my favorite hotel and made a reservation for a table for three. When the three of us met at the hotel, I asked Echo to apologize to Sofia after talking to them deeply in turns. I deliberately told Echo numerous and long stories of how wrong cheating was to compel him to issue an apology. He asked for forgiveness without complaining. I requested Sofia to accept the apology and as a reward I promised to do her laundry for the next two weeks. Sofia smiled as she embraced Echo in a show of forgiveness. I used the tactic successfully to compel Echo to issue an apology to Sofia. The very long stories about the negative aspect of cheating left him no chance of arguing. Next time I am negotiating using the tactic, I would give stories with both positive and negative aspects. That would ensure the other party does not discover my intention in advance. I successfully employed the tactic on Sofia at the instance that I reminded her of how she had made out with a stranger. The reminder sparked emotions of guilt in her conscience. Through arousing guilt inside Sofia, I had used intimidation to make her accept my dinner proposal. The tactic worked because I

No comments:

Post a Comment